To: Consumas Outside the Garden State
It has come ta our attention dat a cupola copies of the Windows XP-New Joisey Edition may have been shipped outsida Joisey. If ya got one a dese, you may need some help unnerstanin da commands.
Da Joisey edition may be recognized by da unique openin’ screen. It reads; “Windas XP” wit a background pitcha of Hoboken. When yous start da program, instead of da usual harpy stringy like music, you hear a little Springsteen. It’s also shipped wit a Sopranos screen sava.
Changes in Terminology in da Joisey Edition:
- OK………Sure ting
- Reset……Start ova
- Find…….Put a contract out on
- Browse…..Get a looksee
- Help…….Get your own ansa
- Stop…….Knock it off
- Start……Move it
- Settings…Here’s da rules
Please Also Note:
- Recycle bin is labeled “Newark”
- My computer is called “My Computa”
- The Inbox is referred to as “Da Trunk”
- Deleted items are referred to as “Wacked”, “Erased”, or “Rubbed Out”
- Control Panel is known as “The Bosses”
- Performing an “illegal operation” is Known as “enhancin da family business” and will actually maximize da program instead of shuttin’ it down.
- Hard Drive is referred to as “Da turnpike on da way to da shore”
- Instead of an error message a “You ain’t gonna believe dis” pops up
We regret any inconvenience it may have caused if you mistakenly got a copy of the JOISEY EDITION (NOT). You may return it to Microsoft for a replacement version. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WIT DAT?
(By da way, spellcheck is a nightmare wit da JOISEY edition dey still haven’t worked out all da bugs)